Friday, September 13, 2013

The Greatest Thing...

So...the greatest thing just happened to me.

I finished my yummy lunch ...left-over souvlaki, tzatziki sauce and apple slices...and I was shuffling around the kitchen like a slug, grumbling to myself about the fact that there was nothing crappy to eat and I really felt like eating something crappy because it is a cold blah September day and cold blah September days remind me that summer is over and that November is coming and that makes me feel blah and grumpy and sluggish and leaves me wanting to eat crappy food.

As I grumbled and shuffled away, I checked and re-checked the cupboards and fridge in my quest for crappy food.

No dice.

Crap.

I didn't feel like veggies or fruits or wheat-free granola.

grumblegrumblegrumble

In a last ditch effort, I opened up the freezer and guess what I found???!!!

A MOSTLY FULL TUB OF OREO ICE CREAM!!!!



WAHOooOOOoOOOOoOOOOooOOOo!!!

I asked my Self... "Self, how the hell did THAT get in there??"

And then I remembered that The Girl bought some Oreo ice cream to go along with the deliciously thoughtful greatest birthday cake EVER that she made for me way back on August 13th (Thanks, Katy!! Love you!! xoxoxo)

So, the hugely unexpected appearance of Oreo ice cream in my freezer is awesome on a couple of different levels...

Level #1... there was Oreo ice cream in my freezer.

 ....and that's AWESOME!!!

AND...

Level B) ...there was Oreo ice cream in my freezer....

....ONE MONTH AFTER it was originally and most thoughtfully purchased by my beautiful daughter...which means that there has been Oreo ice cream in my freezer for ONE WHOLE MONTH and I haven't eaten it ...which means that I am actually mostly adhering to my new "Eating Well" regime.

...and that's AWESOME!!

Now some of you might be quick to point out that "Of course, the Oreo ice cream is still there, dumbass!! You FORGOT that it was even there...how can you eat something that you forget is there??"

To which I will counter ...

Yeee-ssssss...

BUT!!!

... the very fact that I actually FORGOT that there was Oreo ice cream in my freezer is evidence that my dietary habits have changed.

The old me would never EVER, in a million years, have forgotten that there was Oreo ice cream in my freezer. Its very existence in my home would've been Top Priority in my "Things I Should Remember" file and I would've had a bowl (or two) a day until it was all gone.

And I didn't.

And a month later, the mostly full tub of Oreo ice cream is still in my freezer.

BAM!!!

Greatest thing!!

....

....

....

Unfortunately, it is still a cold blah September day and now that I have finished a wee small bowl of delicious Oreo ice cream, I am going to curl up on the couch with my 2 doggies (one who smells of skunk...gross) wrapped in  my Winnie the Pooh blanket and have a nice nap.

n'night!!


No comments: