Sunday, July 28, 2013

You've Certainly Outdone Yourself This Time, President!!

Me and My Guy were in the grocery store today and whilst wandering through the produce section, something peculiar caught my eye.

I immediately thought to my Self,

"What the hell is THAT, Self??!! It looks like a giant shiny green plastic penis!! I had no idea President's Choice was peddling sex toys now, too ... Joe Fresh indeed."

Upon reflection, I shouldn't have been so taken aback...after all, there is no shortage of phallus-shaped objects in the produce section...Actually, if you stop and think about it for a second, the number of veggies and fruit that resemble male dangly bits is quite staggering, really.

I'll give you a minute to think it over...

Am I right or am I right???

I'm right.

Penises aplenty.

Anyhow, once I recovered from the shock of being exposed to a shiny green plastic penis-shaped object, I brought it to My Guy's attention and we went a little closer in order to investigate.

We quickly figured out (by reading the label) that it was NOT a giant shiny green plastic penis...rather it WAS, in fact, a shiny green plastic Asparagus Holder....that kinda looks like a penis.

BRILLIANT!!!

Oh, Almighty President!! You've made a mighty fine Choice this time around ...and I thank you for that.

I don't know how many times I've searched through my kitchen for a container to suitably store my asparagus...and, now, for 3 bucks I've got my very own shiny green plastic penis-shaped asparagus holder.

The kids'll get a huge kick out if it when the get home from Hawaii...if they don't get eaten by a shark...or washed away in a storm surge.

And, here it is....



Not a Penis

4 comments:

Laura said...

Can someone please get me the penis out of the fridge?
Thanks....

(((Hugs)))
Laura

squirrel_e_girl said...

"No...not THAT penis. I meant the shiny green plastic penis! You never listen to a word I say."

Furtheron said...

Shiny green penis?!

Those are three words that shouldn't appear together in that order, are they?

squirrel_e_girl said...

Furtheron - You are probably correct. The phrase does bring to mind some pretty disturbing images. HA!! I'm off to Google Image search "Shiny Green Penis" and see what pops up...so to speak.