Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Math


Here in Northern Southern Ontario, we are enduring summer's first heat wave.

Hooray??

The humidity is yucky and oppressive and since I don't do particularly well with being oppressed ...or repressed...I can sometimes err on the side of edginess and little things that I can normally let slide tend to annoy the bejesus out of me.

Par example...

Yesterday, I was standing in the kitchen preparing dinner and I realized that I had started to twitch and my head felt like it might explode. At first, I thought I was having some sort of stroke-like episode but then I looked behind me and any and all worries concerning my health immediately vanished.

This is what I saw:

(make sure you turn up the volume in order to experience the video's full effect)



Can  you understand why even my subconscious got a wee bit annoyed and twitchy without my being consciously aware of why I was suffering an annoyance-fuelled stroke??

Now, I adore dogs as much as the next guy...that is why we open our home to our friends' dogs... and it is tons of fun and wildly entertaining...usually.

Yesterday, we were lucky enough to be hosting 2 lovely grrls (whom I have known since they were puppies)...and it was super crazy hot.

Oppressive Humidity(2 Resident Dogs + 2 Guest Dogs) = 4 HotDogs

4 HotDogs ÷ 2 = 2 Pairs of Panties

Oppressive Heat + 2 Pairs of Panties = 1 Annoyed and Twitchy squirrel_e_girl

2 comments:

Laura said...

The heat is KILLING ME!!! It took me a second to register the whole "panties" thing.

Poor little doggies. Are you like us? Without air conditioning?

((Hugs))
Laura

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

How'd I miss this post? I must have been out drinking beer.

We're in a heat wave now. Luckily, I'm working the graveyard shift, so it's not such a killer.