Saturday, August 4, 2012

But You Can Call Me Half Pint...


So, I'm pretty much a pioneer now.


Not a pioneer in the ground-breaking-doing-things-before-anyone-else-does kinda way.

That's boring.

I am pretty much a pioneer in the covered-wagon-driving, sod-house-living, carrying-my-lunch-in-a-tin-pail-to-school, Laura-Ingalls-big-bonnet-wearing, Little-House-on-the-F$&king-Prairie kinda way.

Yep.

I am.

Allow me to elaborate.

As we are all well aware, I now cultivate my own vegetables in my own vegetable garden and then I harvest them and I eat them.


AND...


As of yesterday...or more recently even... today,

I now hang my laundry out to dry....

On a clothesline.

Outside.

Yep.

Old.

School.

That's me.

Half Pint.



Since I am now living off the bounty of the Earth, this week’s “squirrel_e_girl & The Girl’s Country Tune of the Week” is near and dear to my pioneer farmin’ heart....so I am pleased to introduce to you:

“squirrel_e_girl & The Girl’s Country Tune of the Week”

The Girl and I have chosen yet another Luke Bryan song because:

1) As previously mentioned, he’s awesome and we love him and he looks damn fine in a ball cap...even if it is a camo ball cap.

2) This song is probably the first new country to catch my ear and make me laugh.

3) We really REALLY need rain.

AND

D) He uses the word “ warshin’ ”

...nuff said.

So that said, here’s “Rain is a Good Thing” by Luke Bryan

Enjoy :)




Hee Hee








p.s. Look what I grew!!!!


No comments: